What do you need to know before renting a truck and what is included in the lease contract? Below are 4 common questions and answers about renting a truck.
Situations where most customers need a short-term rental truck:
- at temporary peaks in the business
- the uncertainty of demand will be continued or not
- When a truck is needed quickly
2. Am I responsible if the truck breaks down?
Renting from Toyota includes service and maintenance. Please refer to your Rental Agreement for more information on what is included in your contract.
3. Do I have to pay for damage to the truck?
If the damage has occurred due to carelessness or incorrect use of the truck, you are responsible for the service cost yourself. Wear or factory defects are of course covered by the contract.
4. What do I need to know to rent the right truck?
- What the truck should be used for
- How high you need to lift the load
- How much the load weighs and what it has for gravity distance
- If there are any height restrictions *
- If you have a loading bay **
* With height restrictions we mean the lowest height the truck should go under, both during unloading (how high is your port) but also during the work itself. For example, if there are ventilation ducts or low beams or restrictions between the port and the workplace.
** How can we unload the truck - is there a quay or do you have other unloading options? The truck is often sent by lorry and depending on whether you have a loading dock or not, different types of lorries are needed.