With a Fire blanket you can isolate any forklift fire in a safe, fast and eco-friendly way in seconds.
The fire blanket will prevent fire from spreading and it will be extinguished in a few minutes, due to lack of oxygen.
Also the only effective solution that handles battery fire in electric forklifts.
The Fire blanket comes in two sizes (5x5 or 7x7 m), is delivered in a solid smartbag and requires no maintenance.
Fire cabinet, Art. No. 90-0002BRH
With fork lifts running in huge warehouses great values are at stake. The fire is under control in the same second the fire blanket is pulled over the fork lift.
How to use: (handled by 2 people):
- 1. Place the fire blanket on the ground in front or behind the forklift and roll it out.
- 2. Two people should grab each their handle and safely pull the fire blanket over the forklift in one continuous movement
- 3. On forklifts with a tall mast, cover the cabin not the mast.
- 4. Make sure the fire blanket is tight all the way to the ground. Wait at least 20 minutes
ALWAYS CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!
Fire in electric forklifts: If you can hear a strong fuzz sound about every 2-15 seconds, you have a thermal runaway. The thermal runaway stops when the sound stops. Despite this, the battery might reignite at any time, therefore, leave the blanket on until the battery can be disassembled.
Fire in smaller fork lifts:
- pull the blanket over the entire fork lift.
Fire in larger fork lifts:
- pull the blanket over the cabin and down between the mast and cabin.
For places with narrow corridors, a method is developed that allows you to pull the blanket over the fork lift without going closer than four meters from the fork lift. A fold line is attached to the fabric.
- Throw the line over and pull quickly from the other side until the blanket extends the fork lift.