Forks are of course the most common truck attachment. However, for certain applications other attachments are more suitable and beneficial (less damage, more productivity, safer). To name a few:
- Sideshifts allow to shift forks left or right from the driver seat so operators can make small fork adjustments without manoeuvring the forklift.
- Forkpositioners can spread the forks, to adjust to different pallets/load carrier sizes.
- With clamps the operator can clamp onto the sides of a load without damaging or crushing the product. There is a wide range available such as paper clamps, bale clamps, whitegoods clamps.
- Rotators have the forks attached to a rotating device that can turn between 180 degrees and 360 degrees. These attachments are used where bins or containers are handled.
- Multi-pallet handlers are used to increase productivity by fitting a second or third pair of forks to the truck. Operators can pick up more than one load at a time and transport them side by side. These are often found in beverage and food handling warehouses.
Toyota sales experts can help you with the right attachment for your business.