About the role
The role involves servicing and maintaining forklift trucks and other material handling equipment at a specific customer site and providing excellent levels of customer service. On a day-today basis you would be:
- Providing local after-sales support on the site where you are based
- Carrying out service and repairs to all models of fork lifts trucks and other warehouse equipment
- Accurately complete service records using the latest technology
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for somebody who has experience working as a forklift technician, plant fitter, plant technician, vehicle technician or a similar type of role.Therefore, if you have experience within plant equipment, powered access equipment, agricultural machinery, motor vehicles or industrial cleaners – this role may be right for you.
Experience working on forklift trucks and warehouse equipment would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be given.
Here is a quick tick list for the other skills we are looking for:
- Experience in mechanical engineering
- Basic electric knowledge would be beneficial
- Professional communication skills
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Shift work required
We offer a competitive salary; an attractive company pension and the tools required to do the job. We will also provide you with industry leading technical training to ensure you have the knowledge and skills to do your job. Plus, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career within Toyota
Why choose Toyota
Toyota Material Handling is the world’s number one manufacturer of materials handling equipment providing quality sales and service support across the UK.
In the UK we are implementing a people strategy to create an environment where our people feel valued, fulfilled, engaged and happy. We want to attract the best talent, and develop our team so that they achieve their full potential.