Job ref – 3026
Location – Old Dalby
About the role
The role involves leading the team at our Fleet Management Centre, driving productivity and developing the business area to be a Centre of Excellence for lean principles.
On a day-today basis this is what you would be doing:
- Develop the team leaders and team members to support the achievement of company objectives
- Ensure quality output of products
- Encourage continuous improvement initiatives to support the company mission of zero Muda (waste)
- Work with other departments; short term hire, sales and aftersales to provide the highest levels of support
- Monitor centre performance, implement measures to develop productivity and efficiency.
- Ensure customer feedback requests are resolved and the customer is kept informed.
- To work with team leaders to implement lean principles, in line with Toyota guidelines
- To ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines
- To manage the maintenance of the buildings and our assets in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- To manage projects relating to the Fleet Management Centre.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a strong leader who has experience working in a similar type of environment (large workshop / truck preparation) who has an understanding of both the operational and financial areas. Here is a quick tick list for the other skills we are looking for:
- Good commercial awareness and business understanding
- Knowledge or qualifications in health and safety or Lean management
- Professional communication skills – confident at presenting, good attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills / experience managing subcontractors
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A full UK drivers licence is required
We offer a competitive salary, an attractive company pension and an excellent company car. We will provide industry leading product and sales training to ensure you have the knowledge and tools to do your job. Plus, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career within Toyota.
Why choose Toyota
Toyota Material Handling is the world’s number one manufacturer of materials handling equipment providing quality sales and service support across the UK.
In the UK we are implementing a people strategy to create an environment where our people feel valued, fulfilled, engaged and happy. We want to attract the best talent, and develop our team so that they achieve their full potential.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role, please follow the link below, fill in the form and attach a copy of your CV. If you would like more information about the role, please contact our recruitment team.
Please Note: We will read each application carefully, however due to the high volume of applications we receive regrettably only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Toyota Material Handling UK is an equal opportunities employer