About the role
The role involves service, maintain and repair forklift trucks and other material handling equipment at customer sites and providing excellent levels of customer service to our customers. On a day-today basis this is what you would be doing:
- Provide local after-sales support to customers
- Service and repair trucks including fork lifts, reach trucks and other warehouse equipment
- Respond to breakdowns
- Accurately complete service worksheets and control your van stock of parts
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for somebody who has experience working as a forklift engineer, plant fitter, plant technician or a similar type of role. So if you have experience fixing fork trucks, plant equipment, powered access equipment, agricultural machinery or industrial cleaners – this role may be right for you.
Experience working on forklift trucks and warehouse equipment would be beneficial but don’t worry if you don’t as full training will be given.
Here is a quick tick list for the other skills we are looking for:
- Experience in mechanical engineering
- Basic electric knowledge would be beneficial
- Professional communication skills
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- A full UK drivers licence is required
We offer a competitive salary; an attractive company pension, a company vehicle and the tools you need to do the job. We will provide you with industry leading technical training to ensure you have the knowledge and tools to do your job. Plus, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career within Toyota.
Why choose Toyota
Toyota Material Handling is the world’s number one manufacturer of materials handling equipment providing quality sales and service support across the UK.
In the UK we are implementing a people strategy to create an environment where our people feel valued, fulfilled, engaged and happy. We want to attract the best talent, and develop our team so that they achieve their full potential.