About the role
The role involves learning the skills to be able to service, maintain and repair forklift trucks and other material handling equipment and studying towards a mechanical/electrical qualification. This is a 3 year programme where you will gain a nationally recognised programme and work experience. As an apprentice you will be working in one of our workshops, at a customer site or out in the field with one of our field technicians.
This is what you would be doing:
- Shadowing and working with your mentor and the team to understand materials handling equipment
- Learning about the trucks, how they work and how to fix them
- Block weeks at college where you will learn new skills and take part in both classroom and workshop learning
- Online learning and development with the learning provider
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for somebody who has an interest in mechanics / engineering and has a practical hands on approach to learning. You will need to have a keen interest in your own personal development and a positive attitude towards work and study.
Here is a quick tick list for the other skills we are looking for:
- GCSE grades A-C in English, Maths & either Science/Engineering or IT (or equivalent).
- Interest in mechanical engineering / engineering
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to take instruction and development
- Basic computer skills
- Smart personal appearance
We offer a salary; an attractive company pension, and the tools you need to do the job. We will provide you with industry leading training to ensure you have the knowledge and tools to do your job. Plus, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career within Toyota. During college weeks we cover your accommodation, transport and food costs.
Why choose Toyota
Toyota Material Handling is the world’s number one manufacturer of materials handling equipment providing quality sales and service support across the UK.
In the UK we are implementing a people strategy to create an environment where our people feel valued, fulfilled, engaged and happy. We want to attract the best talent, and develop our team so that they achieve their full potential.